Monday, May 5, 2008

Babies and Blessings

*good pictures of mother and baby taken by Annie, the SIL2's sister*





Today a tiny grand daughter entered this world. She weighted 6 pounds 6.5 oz and measured 18 inches long. I could hear her cries from the hall and felt a chill and began to weep for joy and gratitude. We traveled "up North" because I had been invited to stand and watch. The Doctor had given my daughter permission. But unbeknownst to us the hospital policy had changed, and they no longer allowed Grandmas to watch. I was pretty sad, but had to keep a happy smile for my sweet daughter who was going through enough already. I did get to hold the new baby and see her right away. She is absolutely beautiful.
Later we went to D2's house where sweet D1 was babysitting. We played with the grandson. He is so very cute, and was so excited to see us.

I think my mind will play tricks on me for a while, like it did after my wedding reception. I will be thinking it hasn't happened yet.

You see, I planned this beautiful garden reception in my parent's yard, where my husband and I wandered among the guests and greeted them. But it rained, HARD, all.day.long that day and we all crammed everyone inside my folks' house. All I remember from that day is this sea of heads and shoulders shuffling around. We didn't even cut the wedding cake.

For months afterward I would catch myself thinking, "now when I have my reception, I want to. . .Oh no I already had my reception." :(

Unlike the reception which was planned for over a year, the anticipation of getting to witness my grand daughter's birth wasn't as long because I have only known about this for maybe a month or so. But I still find myself having a thrill come when I think about gowning up to see this birth, and realizing it already happened without me.

But the GOOD NEWS is, both mother and baby are healthy and fine. The dad is pretty wonderful too. They are a darling family, and I am so happy for them. I'm glad we traveled up to be there. Thanks for letting us be a part of this wonderful day, sweet Daughter and Son-in-law. And welcome to the world and our family, little Grand Daughter.


(I was moving the blanket from her face as hubby took the picture, so she is blurry~sorry)

~a

4 comments:

Grandma Cebe said...

To see more pictures of Leila taken by Annie go to her blog:
http://ishouldsay.blogspot.com/

She also has a link to her Picasa web album where she's posted even more pictures.

Enjoy!

Annieofbluegables said...

Thank you MG. We can both agree she is a pretty beautiful grand baby, if we do say so ourselves, right?
Thanks for the comment.
~a

Sailor said...

Hi Friend, That was a nice post. Life goes so fast, it is nice to have a good record of this. Our reception was pretty much a disaster, but our married life has been pretty sweet. You are the best. I love you.

Sarah Pittard said...

annie of blue gables and sailor are too too cute!! congrats on the new little one... and the 3 others on the way! Love & miss you tons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*