Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Like Grandfather, like Grandson. . . uncanny

This is a picture of my husband when he was about two or three. 

I've had this picture for quite some time, but I just found a lock of his hair when he was born. I found the picture and put the envelope with the hair behind the picture in the same frame.

I thought of his sweet mother, taking a tiny lock of hair and saving it. The tiny piece of hair is carefully taped to a piece of paper and put into an envelope which is labeled "Lock of D__'s hair at the time of Birth."

What I can't get over is how much he looks like his little grandson, or vice versa. I had to look for a while to find a picture of the Grandson from the same angle. But I couldn't find one of him looking up like his grandfather is. I think it is sufficient enough that you can see how very much they resemble each other.

The best part is, they are best friends as well. Grandpa can always read his little grandson like a book.  And the Grandson adores his Grandpa.

Its uncanny.
~a

5 comments:

Sailor said...

We do have a good time. I'm pretty sure that he is going to grow up better in every way. That is the way it should work.

pixiestylist said...

super cute!

trump said...

Thought id stop by and say hello. Richard from the Amish community of Lebanon,pa.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

How adorable are those pictures!? I am always fascinated by the way character traits and looks are passed from one generation to the next! Thanks for sharing these!

Sawdust Girl said...

Wow, they do look alike. And awesome that they have such a great relationship.
~Sandra

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*