Monday, March 6, 2017

what have you started, but never finished, why?

I started a hook rug of a lion that matched the children's drapes. Because we were dirt poor, I used a gunny sack. The kind the cow feed came in. I washed it and drew the design on the back.

We moved to a tiny trailer shortly after that. Dave got a job in Hayden Colorado. So we shut the Delta CO house up and brought only a tiny television, a vacuum, sleeping bags, pots and pans and table service for four, clothing for five days, the Christmas gifts we'd just gotten in Boulder, including toys for the kids and a baking book for me, the dog and my hook rug.

It was January and we didn't have a washer. Dave worked in the coal yards, so his dirty clothing was washed in the bathtub with Tide and a toilet plunger, then dried in the dryer that came with the trailer. I was so thrilled to own a dryer, I didn't mind washing everything by hand, including cloth diapers.

The hooked rug came out after chores.

I was making good progress, when after a month living there, Dave came home to say we'd been transferred back to Delta. So we packed up our scant belongings and headed home. The hooked rug got put away and hasn't been touched since.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your post.. I've left project undone before but I can say now I don't have any unforgotten projects...smile..hugs..

Hope you have been doing well...

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie,

I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 800 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $80 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.

Best,
Ann
ann@anagraminteractive.com

Carol Swift said...

Hi Annie, I think it was you who left a comment on my blog about a ruffle on a quilt, but I'm not sure. Your comment came into my email as a no-reply blogger. If it was you...thank you for the comment!

Anonymous said...

I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!khangxuan

Clipping Solutions said...


Thanks a lot for sharing your valuable post with us Background Removal Service

James David said...

Great article very useful and informative thank you for posting.
digitizing services

logger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*