Monday, March 6, 2023

Christ knocking and Christ and the Little Children

 These are my last two designs.

 

“Christ and the Little Children”


                                                                  “ Christ Knocking”

 My good friend, Peggy Aare of Wisconsin paper piecing, https://wisconsinquilting.wordpress.com/

designed the center panels and had them printed. I really appreciate her wonderful expertise and help. I added the paper piecing around the Christ figure knocking. She designed a paper pieced pattern, so I cut out the figure and appliquéd it onto the door background. 

The Christ and little children panel is just the center square. I added the squares all around. This one was a particularly difficult one, and I ended up making two back to back because the recipients were baptized within a couple of months of each other.

The first one is a copy of Francis Hook’s painting, and before I could proceed I needed permission. She and her children have passed away, but I found a grandson.

The second one is a painting by Del Parson, and when I contacted him, he informed me it was property of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and they give permission for personal use  

Both are approximately queen sized.











No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*