Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Singing Children of Africa

The Singing Children of Africa came to our town and did a free concert in the park. It was amazing to see their enthusiasm as they performed an hour and a half concert where they were constantly dancing and singing with the exception of 10 minutes for a bathroom break and a short break while the teachers sang and they changed their clothes to do a few more special songs. Otherwise, the drummers sat on one end and drummed throughout the whole concert. And those children sang and danced, and sang and danced and sang and danced.

This link shows the very busy schedule they have been on in Utah, which filled a whole month.

This link will lead you to my very sad, You Tube video I made while watching them. I had children run in front of me, grand children leaning on me, I had to shift around, and there was talking going on, but mostly this is for effect, so you can get an idea of their amazing spirit.
Most of these children are orphans.
This is their site, should you feel so inclined to donate to their cause. This is a non profit organization with no paid officers. All the money donated goes to the children.
On the first trip outside their country, they made enough money to build an orphanage. The second trip helped them to build a high school.
Now this trip will help them build an elementary school. They are the sweetest, most humble children, who sing so beautifully. I did several videos and as I get them posted on You Tube, I will let you know with a link.
Here is Video 2.
This link is a local TV station that covered the children in Salt Lake

I just think this was such a wonderful thing to come to our humble town. I felt so honored they came. I hope they raised a lot of money while they were here.


~a

3 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

That is so neat! Thanks for sharing Ms. A.

HiHoRosie said...

stupid ball bugs?! What are those?! Sorry to hear they're eating your spinach. It seems everyone is struggling with their own gardens in some way. Hope you're able to harvest something soon!

RisibleGirl said...

How neat! Maybe the three of us (you, me, and my sis) could do a tour like that and raise money for something. With all that dancing, we'd be sure to drop those final pounds! :)

Their schedule did look awfully busy!

xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*