Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First KFC franchise


While helping D2 pack and move to Denver, we stopped at a KFC located in south Salt Lake to feed all the troops who were helping.

Apparently this is the first Kentucky Fried Chicken outlet, founded by a man in Salt Lake named Pete Harman.

Inside there are all sorts of pictures, plaques, awards and certificates mounted in cases and picture frames, kind of like a museum. Among the pictures was one showing Colonel Sanders standing next to Pete Harman.
There was a statue outside the building that was unfortunately modeled after the picture inside. I think Sanders is on the left with a cane, and Pete is in the right.

In the picture it looks like Pete is folding his hands, and I didn't think a thing of the likeness outside until Sailor said, "Is this supposed to be a fountain or something?"
That, my friends, would be a very scary fountain.

~a

"chicken? I could eat some chicken."
-Monica on Friends

5 comments:

RisibleGirl said...

::snicker:: Bad girl!

I remember Harmans in Utah. I think it was a restaurant chain.

Now Annie, if you were like me, you'd have someone taking your picture doing bunny ears behind the two men.

I really do need to train you better in the "no sense of decorum" thing.

xo

Annieofbluegables said...

LOL
I just wasn't thinking now, was I? Hubby was next door renting the Uhaul, and my sis was back inside the restaurant buying ice cream. I just hurried over and snapped a picture before everyone thought we needed to leave and get packing.
Next time I will have to remember to do this. You are so funny. Thanks for the giggle.

~a

HiHoRosie said...

Scary but hilarious fountain if that were the case! he he!

And don't worry Annie - I will NOT forget my non-raw friends. Everyone is a friend and I love them all no matter what. I hope you'll still be dropping by while on my challenge. :)

Sailor said...

Hi Dear Friend,
So sorry that I am a bad influence on you.... but when I get I minute, I think I will photoshop that picture.

KFC Point said...

Hey!! Thanks for the post. I am also looking to start my own KFC franchise in India.
Start KFC Franchise In India
Apply Online For KFC Franchise

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*