Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sewing and Quilting



My older sister came to visit. She and her husband served an LDS Mission in Malawi Africa. Before they came home, she bought some great fabric. Then we spent about 3 hours in Wal Mart choosing some coordinating fabrics and figuring out how much to purchase of each peace. Basically we made a border around each African piece.

She spent a week at my place cutting and sewing the tops of four quilts. In my addled brain state, I forgot to take pictures of each quilt top. Grrrrr.

Now she came again for a few days, (I kidnaped her from choir and brought her home.)

Here are some pictures of her hard work.

The second picture shows the clever back she pieced.

notice my three dolls (my little angels) standing in the background. I named them after my sister and my two nieces who all died, hence-angels, in infancy: Connie, on the chair, Cristy, the standing brunette and Heidi the blond.

The last picture shows the pointed edge she made.

I think for a first time quilt she did a pretty wonderful job. Way to Go Sis!

~a

4 comments:

Sailor said...

It is a beautiful quilt - very African. Go Sisters!!

HiHoRosie said...

Wow! I'm impressed. I think the most of done with any sewing (no quilts) is making a hamburger pillow and a skirt! Oh and an apron and hot pad. hee hee! yay home-ec! But seriously, very proud of the job well done!

And how beautiful to have 3 angels.

HiHoRosie said...

I have yet to learn my lesson of proofing before submitting...that first "of" is supposed to "I've".

RisibleGirl said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Quilting is something that reminds me of my ex-husbands late grandmother (our kids used to call her 'grandma great'). I just adored her and she taught me the fine art of quilting.

All of my ex-sister's in law, would get together with Grandma Great and my ex-mother in law (lots of ex's!) and quilt frequently. It was a fun way to catch up with each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*