Saturday, April 19, 2008

tut tut, it looks like. . .


. . .dust.

The wind has been blowing hard off and on for the past week since Sunday. First we get a blustery day, then it gets cold then maybe a bit of moisture, then a beautiful sunny day, which transforms in the afternoon to another windy day, which eventually turns into another cold front. And on it goes. We have been seeing 30 degree days one day and the next is 70 degrees. I don't remember seeing anything like that before.

Around here when it looks like rain, usually we get the dark clouds, and all the symptoms, but then. . . (say this next in Chandler-from-Friends-voice)we get dusted.

This morning was so peaceful. I opened all the windows I could, so I could hear the spring sounds and my wind chimes in the back yard. I was making a gooey delicious desert and realized I needed an ingredient, so I went to the store.

heh heh

Whenever I go to the store, I find bargains and usually end up buying more than intended. Today I went in for Brownie mix, because I am too lazy to make it from scratch, and a traverse rod cord, because I am fixing my curtain rod. I came out with all sorts of bargains. The butcher occasionally marks the meat down, and I ended up with all sorts of delicious pork cuts for half price. I also got graham crackers, 2/$6 and a bunch of other stuff. It all ended up costing me around $85. I buy things in twos. Why do I do that? I find I have this urge to pick up an extra when I only needed one. Is it the food storage habit they instilled in us in Relief Society? Do you buy things in twos?

Anyway, I digress. I have a tendency to go off on a tangent, sorry. Anyway. When I got home, the wind had kicked in and my house now feels like it has been dusted. The floors, which were just swept, all feel gritty. I take off my shoes in the house and cannot stand a dirty floor.

The above picture is taken from my front porch looking north and west. The whole sky is filled with dust.

I just feel like taking a nap. My daddy had open heart surgery and he always felt the barometer change. My little sister was stabbed when she was young and had emergency open heart surgery. She also feels the change. She says she just feels like curling up in a ball and sleeping. Besides that, she hurts. She gets sharp pains right where they broke her rib to get to her heart in a hurry. They say the rib continues to grow. It is the only bone that tries to replace itself. That is what I have heard. I don't know if it is an old-wives tale or if it is true. Anyway she hurts in this weather. I don't hurt, but I can hardly keep my eyes open. It seems like a good day to put on a good movie, curl up under a blanket and sleep right through it.

Do you get tired when the wind blows?

**yawn**

nite~nite

~a

2 comments:

Sailor said...

Hi Dear Friend,
Wouldn't it be great if the clouds we see were just a gentle rain that would come and wash everything clean for about three days while we sleep of the outage exhaustion? Love you.

Dave

RisibleGirl said...

Get! Out!

I buy things in pairs too! If you did a search on my blog, I'd be willing to be that you'd find several instances of me admitting that this was one of my weird quirks!

Hmmmm....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

*